Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Knitting Updates

I've been a bit distracted lately - bouncing between several knitting projects, my space opera book (Killing of Worlds by Westerfield), and new recipes. Well, and I've got my usual slew of yoga classes in there too. My poor house has been much neglected! At least the doggie deposits were cleaned up Sunday before today's ice storm.

Since I can't post all the projects I'm working on on the side bar, I decided it was time for a project update.



Husbands Hat. I thought this was done. However, even after blocking, this hat was still too big! Darn it all. So, I am going to rip it out for the third time and do it over in a medium. I'll knit as I rip as to save some time that way. So much for him having a new hat for this winter. Pattern is Ely Hat.



Finny's Hat. Going to make a second one (pattern is Gaugeles Pattern #106 by Cabin Fever) with smaller stripes and with the right count. A co-worker just started one in a lovely pink with a beautiful I-cord. MUST learn how she did that! May have acquire some pink yarn and make some for the little nieces.



Glowing Color's Afghan. The husband hates the term "afghan", so we refer to this as a blanket. Pattern is from Lion Brand Yarn off of Ravelry. This is knit with size 17 needles - can we say dowels?? They are so big that I can't knit for long because the exaggerated repetitive motion bothers my shoulders. Still, I should have this finished up by the end of the month.

Nina's Seed Stich Surprise Dishcloth. Dee on Tangled up in Sticks and Strings just did one of these and I had to make one myself. The counting was a bit tricky at first, lots of purling and knitting and purling and knitting - but I had a quiet 45 minutes (Husband fell asleep) and was able to settle into the rhythm of the pattern. I should have this done soonly too. Can't wait! Must start another!

Socks #3. Are languishing in their little bag. These are the ones I ripped out twice (do you sense a pattern in my world of knitting? No pun intended...) and picked out a new pattern. I just need some time to cast on again.

And I wonder why I'm not getting any reading done....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you having been wading through the frog pond. I've been there too.

That's me over on the far side of the pond with the crinkly sock yarn that has seen too many rip outs.

Maybe today will be a better knitting day for both of us.

Brenda P. said...

Sigh, knitting AND reading. Sounds divine. I might get a weekend to myself and the first thing on my (too long) list is a cardigan I started before the 18 month-old was born...

A. Lutzi Rockwell said...

I go to bed every night dreaming about my new hat. Finny.

Kristin said...

Adam,

Let Finny know that he can dream about both hats! #2 should be done sometime this week. :)

Popular Posts