Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Happiness is...

...finding my entire Barnes and Noble book order waiting for me on the steps after work!




Hmm, turned out a little blurry. I ordered:

Recursion by Tony Ballantyne

A Feast for Crows by GRR Martin

A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle

Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl

The Graveyard Game by Kage Baker

The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching by Thich Nhat Hanh

The Omnivores Dilemma by Michael Pollen

Also included in the stack is a book I bought in Feb that I forgot I had bought because I stuck it in the already read shelf by mistake: Tender to the Bone by Ruth Reichl.

Now where is a snow storm when I need one?

2 comments:

Gail O'Connor said...

Just wondering--what made you order the Ballantyne book? Have you read him before? Did you hear a good review? Did it just catch your eye? I popped over to Amazon and read the description, and it sounds like it could be either really cool or pretty bad. I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Kristin said...

It's our book group selection for April - Rob's been bringing this one to the book group table for several months now and somehow it finally passed our whole complicated and convoluted voting process, beating out a newer book by Vinge.

I'll definately be posting a review!

Popular Posts