Search This Blog

Friday, July 25, 2008

Knitting Projects #14 (cont), 15, 16, 17

I have posted on the side bar my “On the Needles” box, and it is true that sock #2is "still on the needles", but I’ve managed to finish a couple of other projects in the interm. Project #15 is still my first set of socks. Sock No. 1went well(thanks to Gail and her on-line direction translations), and I cast on its mate a while back. This past weekend I finished the heel flap and heel turn.

Here is what I got sidetracked with:

Project #14 More Scrappy Dishcloths. I needed a quick easy project for my day trip to 4th Street Fantasy Convention back in June and dishcloths are my quick easy projects. I’m still working through my little leftover skeins and came up with these:



I tried a couple new-to-me techniques - using two kinds of yarn and carrying them along and alternating them. Mostly it was a way to use up those partial skeins. I just can't bring myself to throw those bits away. I think the two cloths turned out all right. I have one more I want to make with this pattern to complete the set.

Pattern: Nifty Knit Dishclohs by Leisure Arts, “Simple Diamonds”
Needles: #6
Yarn: leftover Sugar and Cream

Project #17 Awareness Soap Bag
I’ve been thinking a little travel soap bag would be nice for camping or the gym, where I could have my washcloth and soap all in one then have a way to let it dry. I’m thinking a carabine to hook it on to the outside of my bag/camping gear should work dandy. Then it’s also handy when one might need just a quick hand wash.

There is an awareness ribbon on the side, but it doesn’t show up very well in the picture. I will make this bag again, but skip the ribbon pattern and do the tie differently. A super great way to use up those little skeins and it only takes a hour or two to finish.


Pattern: Awareness Soap Bag from knittingcentral.com
Needles: #6
Yarn: 3 varieties of leftover Sugar and Cream.

Project #18 The Nephews Hat

The Nephew had a birthday this month and K2 told me he’s been wearing his pumpkin hat to daycare in 80* weather! Well, if the little guy is going to be wearing hats, I thought I would make him a lighter weight one. At first I wasn’t thrilled with the pattern, but when I was done, it made a neat bold spiral. The Nephew is going to be getting a second hat as well, but I haven’t cast it on yet. I better get knitting! I will have to ask K2 to send me a pic of him in it - he's such a cutie!


Pattern: Regia London Beanie
Yarn: Regia 4ply self striping
Needles: #3 circular and dps

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The soap bag turned out cute. That's a good idea for letting it dry.

Popular Posts